It is very important to heed the official call for social distancing and self-quarantine (from the Federal and state governments)Stay safe within your own family circle.
The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America — 15 Days to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) More at Whitehouse.gov.
How to Prepare – Here is what you can do to prepare your family in case COVID-19 spreads in your community.
Medicare & Coronavirus – Medicare wants to help protect you from COVID-19
Find someone to talk to about COVID-19 in Rhode Island
Fitness & Lifestyle. Living a healthy lifestyle includes more than simply making healthy food choices — it also involves making healthy choices about proper weight management, regular exercise, a healthy lifestyle, proper sleep, and mental exercises that will help your body achieve optimum levels of operation.
Here you will find tips on health, exercise, fitness, hiking, jogging, running, and other ways to keep yourself — young, active, healthy
“A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools.” ~ Unknown
As I travel and talk to people every day, they all echo one key thing. To stay young, we need to be active — both physically and mentally. Most of us choose to stay working and engaged. Some of us choose to travel and see the world. Others help the people around them, such as family, their children, grandchildren. Others volunteer for a worthy cause and payback to the community.
But whatever you choose, the key word is… Be Active… Be engaged
We are committed to the pursuit of being young and healthy as we grow older. My generation believes in being active and working as long as we are able to. I hear stories of people working and being active well beyond their nineties. We believe in the people and the communities we serve. We aim to deliver the highest standards of integrity, fair-dealing, and quality in the services we provide.
In the News
- Fitness Files: Diary notes on a troublesome heel – ….This time, the heel pain jabbed, stabbed, persisted. In April, I resolved to go on a course of Ibuprofen. I started with two pills at breakfast but forgot follow-up doses. Heel pain lingered….
- A reminder: Staying safe on the hike-and-bike trail – In Austin, more than 100 miles of trails, including the 10 most-loved miles that encircle Lady Bird Lake, twist through the city. In recent years, those trails have grown increasingly congested. Runners and cyclists, tourists and nature walkers, sometimes two or three abreast, share a trail also populated by strollers, dogs, a serenading musician or two and the occasional squirrel that darts across the path.
- Could walking barefoot on grass improve your health? Some research suggests it can. It is not a secret that spending time in nature is good for you. For years, researchers have been detailing how people who live near green spaces — parks, greenbelts, tree-lined streets, rural landscapes — have better physical and mental health, and practices such as Japanese forest bathing and Nordic hygge, which has a strong outdoorsy component, are being embraced here in the United States. Could grounding be next?
Let me count the ways that hiking (and other forms of exercise) help you physically and mentally ensuring that they:
- Improve your overall health
- Lift your mood
- Help control diseases such as diabetes & cardiovascular disease
- Help you sleep better
- Increase energy level
- Burn calories and helps you lose weight
- Lower risk of getting other diseases
What you will find in this site is a set of articles and links to help you find information, do research and come to conclusions on your own retirement. If you find one or two pieces of advice that help you or a loved one, we have done our job.